8" Tall Chinese Vase- Newbee Needs Your Help Please!

Started by ClevelandFinds, Nov 19, 2014, 14:10:53

Previous topic - Next topic

ClevelandFinds

Hello!

I LOVE vintage treasures and antiques or all kinds! So much so that I opened up my own lil etsy shop where I sell all kinds of stuff from Sterling Silver, Vintage Watches, Jewelry, Bronze Sculptures, Original Art and of course... A few Chinese Porcelain (Hopefully) Pieces. Unfortunately... I have NO background on Chinese writing or authentication. I really don't want to falsely advertise Chinese porcelain on my shop, and stumbled across this site and figured Id ask for help!

I have a piece that I need help understanding what the stamp reads and possibly determine some reference for me to further research.

The piece is a small vase with an erotica scene on the pull out insert.. It's kinda raunchy and stands 8" tall.

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE any comments you may provide.

Finally... The mention of my etsy shop was not a Shameless ploy to get you to check out my site... So please don't take it that way, I just wanted to give a background why it's important to get some responses. In the event you wanted to check out my shop, please let me know and I'll post a link.

Thanks again!
Matt

peterp

Matt,
You have virtually posted all necessary to find your shop. Next time you post, please change to another user name. We want to prevent commercialization of this forum. This is basically for collectors helping each other, an exchange of information.

What concerns the vase, I'm afraid that looks as if could be made in the last ten years.
Nothing antique or vintage. FYI, virtually all items with erotica on the market are fakes or recent. There are almost no vintage or antique items of this sort. The Chinese are/were a very prudish people. Such things are mostly made for the western imagination, it seems.