Tea pot and cups

Started by alessandracir, Oct 03, 2014, 08:05:13

Previous topic - Next topic

alessandracir

Hello,

I am looking to find out information about this Teapot and cups. i have been unable to decipher the marks on the teapot.
Im looking to find out any bit of information anyone knows about this teapot.

Thank you very much

alessandracir

alessandracir

alessandracir

peterp

Sorry, your post somehow got forgotten.  Can you provide closeup pictures of the painted decoration, please. Also one of the mark.
Overall this is 20th century, but the closeup pictures help evaluate whether it is earlier or later.

alessandracir

Yes of course,

Teapot Marks

alessandracir

peterp

Hi, with a close-up shot we hope to get high resolution of details like the painting strokes, etc. from near up; that could be a partial picture. The eyes and faces are usually especially important, but the painting strokes themselves give also some information.

The teapot mark says "Made by Zhang Rong-shun, in Jiangxi", which was an artisan from the early republic period. However, when comparing the signature with that of another, older looking item, it appears that the handwriting of the signature is different. Looks as if someone else wrote it. Therefore, it is possible that the pot is from later in the 20th century.

peterp

Does the cup bottom below belong to the cup above? If not, an image of the decoration would be required for evaluation. The mark says  "Xiang Rui Qi Zhen", also an early republic porcelain painter mark.

The cup in the picture on top could be early republic.

alessandracir

Thank you very much!

I will try and take close up shots of the brush strokes as soon as possible.

alessandracir

Detailed Photographs of Teapot Subject

alessandracir

Details of Teacup 1, front and back
Goes with pervious Bottom cup mark

alessandracir

Stan

I do not think that this is Guangxu period or early republic because of the way the face is out lined in black, the earlier faces would be outlined in red or brown, I think this is republic period 1912 to 1949 in my opinion, Im just going by the painting method, I am interested in what Peter says about the writing, that to could narrow the time created, especially it there is a cyclical date.