qing dynasty ????

Started by martenkid, Sep 16, 2014, 17:32:02

Previous topic - Next topic

martenkid

Hi everybody

this a chinese plate i inherited from my grandma. At time she was alive. She told me that she got it from her grandma. And her grandma from her...and so on. She told me it is a least 200years old.

The most replica is with 4 marks, as you can see mine is 4 marks,
but it looks real old chinese writing

I asked my chinese friends. And they told me
This is a qing dynasty emperor's name ???? ?
kangxinianzhi
Made in KangXi Dynasty
time in china is congxi

To the proffesionals. do you think is it real chinese antique!
And so yes. Do you have an indication what i ciould be worth

thanks kris

martenkid

peterp

Nice story. Unfortunately, despite the fact that only a part of the mark is visible, it is obvious that the person trying to imitate the Chinese mark had no idea of Chinese writing. In other words, this is probably a fake of more recent times, possibly not even made in China.

By uploading pictures it is possible to confirm whether the mark was originally on the item or if it was added later.

martenkid

Best thanks peter for your answer. but just for clarity.

The brown part is not true stop characters. maybe what you thought. No that's part old rusted reinforcement. I did not do it sideways, afraid that it breaks

martenkid

Hi Peter

Just took some other pictures close up.

Thanks
kris

martenkid

Stan

Hi kris, Im afraid this is Japanese not Chinese, the bottom dose not look 200 years old I would say late 19th to early 20th century.

martenkid

Thanks for your information Stan

You told me it is japanese. That is very interesting. :)

Because I lived in China. And asked about 8 chinese friends yesterday.
if they know the signs.
They told me this : chinese.  - made in kangxi dynasty
                                          - this is a qing dynasty emperor name
                                          - ????

So if it is japanese, other then chinese is it worth something you think?, other then my grandma 
    memory in my heart

Stan

Peter is right, it is more recent, however it is Japanese this style was common in the mid 20th and late 20th century, I have a couple bowl that are done the same way.

peterp

As I suspected, it seems to be transfer printed.

Stan

Peter were they doing transfer ware in the Kangxi period, Kris I think you better set your friends straight.

peterp

>Because I lived in China. And asked about 8 chinese friends yesterday.
>if they know the signs.
>They told me this : chinese.

You must be joking. Apparently, your friends do not know enough about Chinese calligraphy, proper character strokes, etc.

Stan, this is an imitation, not Kangxi. I have doubts it is even Japanese, but it could be a copy of a Japanese plate.
The Japanese know about proper character writing. This is way beyond quickly jotted down characters, as we see in Japanese porcelain. The person painting the mark had no idea about Chinese characters, or what the single sub-characters depict. The characters are just a superficial copy that can deceive only those who do not read Chinese characters.

Stan

Thanks Peter that makes sense, if the mark is fake then chances are the whole piece is fake as well, the bowls that I have are marked with Japanese marks, I will post it some time to find out what it says.