Xuande color (both interior and exterior) Bowls

Started by john8888, Apr 14, 2024, 03:10:17

Previous topic - Next topic

john8888

[color=#000000][size=3][font=Arial]Diameter: 35 cm high 16 cm[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#1f1f1f][size=3][font=Arial]Signature on porcelain[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#1f1f1f][size=3][font=Arial]"[/font][/size][size=3][font=Arial]Xuande[/font][/size][size=3][font=Arial] Year of the Song Dynasty" six-character two-line regular script blue and white double circle.[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#1f1f1f][size=3][font=Arial]I love this bowl very much but does not know it is true antique? [/font][/size][/color]

peterp

What do you mean with "Xuande color"?

There is no decoration color called this way...

john8888

Wuande is period of Ming dynasty.
Color is my words that indicated this bowl has color.

peterp

So, you do no even know the proper name of this color decoration but want to promote the item?

Stan

peterp

Right. it is doucai. That is why I mentioned it. Anyone getting involved with doucai should have basic knowledge as to how it is applied and how expensive it was already in the early Ming dynasty, when it first was created. That is an advanced porcelain type for those with very deep pockets.
You see this only in museums and top auctions...the real Ming dynasty ones I mean. The Chenghua doucai cup is probably the most famous, because it fetched super high bids when it was auctioned.
Not something we can ever see except behind the glass in some museum.