Chinese fluted or ribbed celadon vase

Started by Stan, Feb 07, 2024, 07:04:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Hi Peter, Have you ever seen a vase like this, the porcelain is very thine not egg shell thin but less than an 1/8th of an inch, it stands 29.9 cm tall and has tiny bubbles in the glaze, there are no dead bubbles but there appears to be honest dirt inside, I suspect this to be 2nd half of the 20th century, the Qianlong mark looks like it could be hand painted but also could be stamped but I do not think so, please let me know what you think vintage maybe?

Stan

Here are 3 more photo's to view thanks.

peterp

Hi Stan,
I can see why you are undecided about the mark, I am too. A bit difficult to tell without hands-on inspection. It appears that the blue pigment has a slight purplish tint, which would mean it is at least late Qing. Also, the connection of the foot rim and interior bottom is rounded, not sure what this means in this case. 
I'm afraid as with other monochromes, without hands-on inspection of glaze, etc., based on pictures alone is a bit difficult. The glaze faults inside the mouth might mean it is a bit earlier, first half, but I still think 20th century is on the safe side of estimating its age. It looks almost too good for late Qing.