Old probably Chinese porcelain cauldron

Started by szaszi99, Apr 02, 2023, 16:23:41

Previous topic - Next topic

szaszi99

Üdvözlünk mindenkit !

Ki lehet a gyártója a mellékelt képeken látható régi porcelán bográcsnak? Körülbelül milyen értéket képvisel?
Nagyon szépen köszönöm előre is a segítséget!

peterp

Stan

Hi Peter, could it be Ryozan ? I just found him on line, Ryokuzan 1868 - 69 one year, that would make his work very rare, and from what I can see it looks like it could be one of his pieces, this would be worth having an expert in Japanese Satsuma earthen ware do a hands on inspection.

peterp

The mark says "緑山" (literally: green mountain). I have seen both the reading 'Ryokuzan' and 'Rokuzan' but not Ryo. The latter is more unlikely. It seems to be a persons name and also that of a kiln. Same Kanji but different readings, depending on the person or place. Here it appears to be the personal name of a male person.
I'm sure if you found a similar style or design you have it. I have also seen that it existed in the 19th century, but on the Japanese internet it is difficult to find. Is it so rare?

(As always with Japanese names the same Kanji may have different readings, depending on the person or place. That is because the readings of different periods have been preserved  and used until now. In forms, etc. the reading of names must often be written in additional Kana characters to make sure the Kanji are read properly according to the specific person's name.)

Stan

Yes it would be quite rare, he only operated for one year, I do not know much about this potter or who he worked for, but if he worked for a well know company at the time from 1868 to 1869, it would be more collectable I would think.