Porcelain Chinese vase ??

Started by abderrahim, Mar 21, 2023, 07:49:17

Previous topic - Next topic

abderrahim

Please It's authentic chinese vase, The Period??? Thankyou.

peterp

This is outside the scope of evaluation via images.

The box says "Qing dyn., Xiandu Palace" which I do not know; might be of the many palaces inside the imperial palace. It also says 'Falangcai" and mentions the Yongzheng emperor. The mark is Yongzheng. 
Falangcai is a specific decoration type made inside the palace workshops only, and unknown outside at the time. It is said that from the Kangxi to the Qianlong reign only some 330 pieces were made!!! 

All this means if authentic it would have to be imperial ware, one of those 300+ pieces. I have never even had the opportunity to see (much less put hands on) one of those original pieces, apart from the Palace Museum (containing much of the imperial collection). Not only that, I have yet to see any authentic item marked Yongzheng yet. The reign was only 14 years long.

Unless this has very good provenance and a very high price tag (six or seven digit figure) it is probably a modern imitation. Most item on the mark would probably be imitations made after the Qing dynasty.

abderrahim

If it is a copy, do you think it has a value (we can collect it), or nothing.

peterp

If it is a fake it has simply no value for antique collectors. Not sure if someone in your place would want something like that.

abderrahim

abderrahim

Hi Peter, The signs of age on parts of this vase can be said to indicate that it is over two hundred years old.???

peterp

As I mentioned below this is outside the scope of picture evaluation, hands-on inspection would also be required. And, I'm not able to tell the age of Falangcai. Only some 330 pieces were made from the Kangxi to the Qianlong reign, and they were all imperial ware. Thus, there are too few to have an opportunity to handle one of these.

Age signs can be faked. The fakers are very capable in this respect. Just to be clear, if the price of this is not "at least" in the tens of thousands then it is most likely new.

You can try to find one that looks similar online, in one of the few museums having such. If you find one, you will see the difference. That is because top wares are also faked the most.

abderrahim

Yes it's true the counterfeiters who manufacture such goods can also fake the signs of age.
Thanks Peter for this addition.