imari pair of vase

Started by Dominique, Aug 05, 2021, 20:17:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominique

hello everyone,
I still need help with this pair of vase that I think imari with a different decoration subject than what I usually see.
Thanks for your help.

peterp

The pictures are too small to see any details clearly. Please try to get about 100kB pictures with good resolution.

Dominique

here they are

Stan

Hi Dominique, could you post one of the bottom as well, I believe this is early 20th century, photo's of the bottom will confirm this, also could you post a close up of the decoration, thanks.

Dominique

hello,
I am not at home this afternoon, but I have this photo of the underside of one of the vases where we can distinguish an Asian character, as if it had been badly erased..

Dominique

some new pictures.
thanks.

Stan

Hi Dominique, thanks for the additional photo's, the photo you sent of the bottom that has a mark, could you post a photo of the whole bottom and one of the inside of the vase, I think these are older than I first thought, the new photo's show nice age and also the four roundels are the crest of the Prince of Bizen and was commonly used in the 17th century, after the 17th century marks like these were prohibited to be used for decorative use and was reserved for Imperial use only, the age marks looks good to me and the decoration for late 17th century although I am not an expert, I think you should get these looked at by and expert on Japanese Imperial ware, if these are 17th century they could be worth a lot of money.
BTW. The mark you see was probably scratched on at a later date, for the most part vases like these were mostly unmarked, the mark would be the Crest in the four roundels

Dominique

Really thank you for all that information, I'll do the photos as soon as I get back home ... To find an expert in my area may be difficult ...
Thanks again.

Dominique

new pictures..

Stan

Nice vases, they look good, thanks.

Dominique

many thanks for your help.
Dominique.