Blue and White Guangxu

Started by Stan, Jun 22, 2020, 04:11:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Hi Peter, is this late Qing, I am not sure about the color and shape, it looks like it could be Guangxu but it is not a continuous swirl pattern it is a double swirl and color looks like an earlier blue color which dose not go with the shape and some of the decoration, your expert opinion is much appreciated.

Stan

Here are more photo's to view, thanks for your help.

peterp

Hi Stan,
I can not see any swirl pattern in these pictures. Overall it looks Guangxu, including foot rim and mouth, but the decoration is a fine Kangxi style with different depth of blue and Kangxi painting features.
Looks like a very good Kangxi revival piece to me.

Stan

Sorry Peter, here is a larger photo of the top decoration double swirl pattern.

peterp

If it is the band right underneath the dots then this seems to be considered a different pattern, not subject to the normal swirl rule. This is one is more complex The swirls that rule applies to are usually more simple.

BTW, the mouth and neck decorations seem to be very light blue. But the main decoration seems to be one of the normal pigment colors. If the neck and mouth are handpainted, I would ignore that difference.

Stan

Yes the neck and mouth are hand painted and you are right I did not notice the swirls are quite different than the usual standard, thanks again Peter.