Vasese - any suggestions?

Started by Kyeezee, Aug 25, 2019, 18:18:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyeezee

Hi,

I bought that vase recently and after some research on the net, I was unable to find anything similar in terms of shape. I would be very grateful for any contribution that would help me build some knowledge on this piece. The vase used to be mounted on a bronze support (?XIX) and is 32cm tall.

Many thanks in anticipation,

K

konniela

The photos are small, but from the form and the colours I think, this vase is not made before 20.century.  A photo, where the faces are better to see, can be helpful.

Kyeezee

Please, find attached more detailed picture

Kyeezee

Please, find attached more detailed picture

Rec

Possible Yongzheng period famillie rose vase. But the foot rim loks a bit strange  to me

peterp

The shape is indeed not a common traditional Chinese shape. This would be from after the 1940s I would think, face painting style is copying Guangxu face details. The colors used also point to the 20th century. The clothes show folds and creases in much more detail than they would have in the Qing dynasty.
Is that a metal ring on the foot rim? If that gray color is the fired, unglazed clay, then this would be impossible for Qing dynasty too.

Kyeezee

Dear Peter,

Many thanks for your expertise. There is no metal ring, just a greyish unglazed foot rim that reinforce your analysis!

Many thanks indeed

K