Chinese cup period

Started by Stobaksov, May 15, 2019, 10:51:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Stobaksov

Hello, colleagues. Questions are the same. What country? What is written?
Thank you.

Stobaksov

Thank you, the country identified.

peterp

Please wait for Stan. He is more likely to know about this...

Stan

I could not find the mark in my book, it could be that it is 2nd half of the 20th century or later, marks like these are generally on modern items.

Stobaksov

peterp

The mark reads Shuho. Sorry Stan, I thought you would know the mark as it is fairly common.
Here is a link to the manufacturer's website. If the site starts in Japanese, use the translation link in the right lower corner.
shuhoe.com/

Stan

Thanks Peter, for the name, it looks like they started the company in 1954 which is what I thought it would be, I have never seen this maker before, probably because I collect Antique Japanese Porcelain, would this be considered Vintage if it was made 60 years ago?

peterp

The manufacturer started then, but we do not know when this item was really made.  It could be brand new. That is a problem with newer items that does not concern antique collectors.

Stan

Your right Peter, who knows exactly when this was made, I did look at all the new items and did not see anything like this cup/bowl the decoration looked like it could be from an earlier period but some of the new items looked traditional so it would be hard to tell age unless the mark itself can date it.

Stobaksov

Thank you for your time and opinion.