Guangxu

Started by konniela, Mar 02, 2019, 18:04:01

Previous topic - Next topic

konniela

Hello again,

I have seen a very nice guangxu plate or dish, all looks good to my eyes, the only thing, where I have doubts is the border. I can not find any other piece with such a border decoration.

So the question is, can a plate with lotus decoration and this border be real Guangxu  ?

peterp

This decoration was more popular in the late Ming and early Qing dynasty, but that does not mean it could not appear on later porcelain. What is important is if the foot rim and age signs are right for the late Qing dynasty.

konniela

I have only this one photo from the bottom and no clouseup, but on the photos with the mark seems to be some age signs visible.

konniela

The diameter is 25 cm, I can not find a piece large like this (they are all smaller, mostly 15 cm)  so I have nothing to compare, if the footrim can be right.

peterp

This floral decoration is fairly common in Guangxu porcelain. The rim shot is not close enough but overall it seems all right.

konniela

Thanks for your help and time.

Guangxu mark and period is a realy good news, also I wonder if this one here is comparable in terms of value to pieces, where the border is in lotus decoration or with blue lines.  I will continue my search, may be I can find one more with such a border.