Plate- unsure of origin

Started by J3nnif3r, Oct 08, 2018, 05:52:41

Previous topic - Next topic

J3nnif3r

This plate came from my grandmother's home. It was boxed up and left in storage for 60+ years. No one ever saw it until her passing when cleaning out her home. I appreciate any insight you can give me on this plate. I love it regardless. The plate is about 14-15" in diameter. Thank you for your time!

J3nnif3r

J3nnif3r

Thank you for that information!! Any idea on an age range for the piece? I can upload more pics if needed.

peterp

Perhaps a close-up picture of part of the decoration, and one of the bottom, showing base and foot rim.

Stan

Kinkozan is a Satsuma type in that it is made out of the same earthenware material and  and similar decoration, on this charger the decoration leads me to think later made in the 1920's I believe the company was formed in 1868 and ended in 1927, Kinkozan has become very collectable to collectors driving up prices based on current sold items at the high auction houses.

J3nnif3r

Sorry for the delay, work doesn't let me have much free time!
Here are some photos.

J3nnif3r

Stan

Thanks for the additional photo's the straight outside foot clearly 20th century.

J3nnif3r

I appreciate you guys sharing your knowledge with me. Thank you for giving me your time!