chinese plate

Started by konniela, Sep 10, 2018, 17:10:34

Previous topic - Next topic

konniela

Hello again,

I have seen this plate, looks unusual but old to me. I would like to know, if it make sense, to have a closer look an go there again to see the back. 

Thanks

peterp

Two things, this type of rim is extremely rare in traditional Chinese porcelain, but it might exist. The many thin black lines visible in this too small image might possibly be printed. It is impossible to tell with this single picture, but from afar it looks as if they might be printed.

konniela

The photo is here bigger and  I can enlarge it a little bit, to me the lines looks not printed, they are unequally.  When it is handpainted -may be-, how old can it be ?

But you are right, it is only a photo. I will have a closer look the next days an then come back to this piece.

konniela

Hello again,

I could have a closer view and made some photos.  It is not a plate, more a bowl (5,5 cm high) and handpainted. 
Overall the surface is uneven, it seems to be no porcelain, it is thick and heavy.

Made 19. century ?

It seems to be old and it is nice painted, but I am not sure, if I should buy it.  I could not find any other piece like this.

konniela

peterp

Looks like late Qing...any picture showing the flower on the outside? These are often decisive in dating.

konniela

peterp

Thanks for the additional picture. In my view it is most likely early 20th century. The wavy glaze is also pointing to that period.

konniela

I thought, that it is not so old, when I saw it in real.  Nice, but not old, thats the fakt.

Thank you for your help and knowlegde