three Japanese vases famille noir,qianlong...and brass copper?

Started by faeded, Jul 14, 2018, 23:55:35

Previous topic - Next topic

faeded

i recently inherited these vases.
a week ago i knew nothing about this topic .
today i feel i have come a long way but still do not feel i have successfully identified the probable date of make and type of these vases
the noir vase has an interesting mark on bottom...i believe  is Japanese...export or family signature?
ibb.co/eO6L6o

the next vase is interesting but i need some help on this.

ibb.co/j9koRo
ibb.co/dTT8Ro
ibb.co/ehR6CT
ibb.co/gxheXT
ibb.co/j6ptsT

and the third i have no  idea and has no markings

pleas help me.
i have learned so much from ths site.

faeded

these pics are better

ibb.co/i2O06o
ibb.co/ga0PXT
ibb.co/d5OYRo
ibb.co/eT2tRo
ibb.co/kTbysT

Stan

Hi Faeded, if you don't mind posting one item at a time, per Subject, it gets confusing sometimes, especially when you have Japanese and Chinese, the vase with the ship is Japanese and the decoration is called Black Ship, if authentic this would be early 1800's but this is a reproduction, the mark on the bottom would suggest Chinese But the shape and decoration is Japanese and the foot is modern,
The black ground vase " Famille Noir " is Chinese and I believe it to be 20th century 3rd quarter, I am not sure about the mark, it looks like it could be Japanese but the decoration is Chinese, I am not sure about the metal vase.

faeded

Could you please explain about the foot being modern?
I know about looking for the iron red. Coming through..also about grit and smoothness of foot.is there more?the shape or configuration?Thankyou by the way,,,,you are a wealth if knowledge

Stan

Hi Faeded, on the bottom can you see how the bottom meets up to the foot, this is a modern foot, look at traditional antique bottoms and you will see what I mean, also it looks like the Qianlong mark is on top of the glaze, It was probably added at a later time, to fool someone thinking it is Chinese.

faeded

I have uploaded to dropbox some better pics of the foot and feet of other vases..I am having a hard time seeing what you mean by the foot and bottom.
I look at 18th plates and they look similar.I have not. Seen much of 18th c vases.
I'm trying my best thanks

faeded

www.dropbox.com/sh/qyd9to84dory5w3/AACGeWrHt-hIHCZsNmJLuxtga?dl=0

faeded

I did look at the Mari..and the sheen. Of the glaze glosses over the Mari in a uniform texture..it also looks like a large amount of glaze was applied to the bottom