18th or 19th Century Japanese vase?

Started by elmalow, Apr 13, 2018, 00:27:02

Previous topic - Next topic

elmalow

Hi everyone, I have no knowledge of antiques and all I can guess is probably this vase is Japanese. I am trying to help my boyfriend to come up with the origin and value of this beautiful vase which he bought from an antique shop in Egypt.

I would be so grateful if anyone can help me with it, thanks!

Stan

Hi Elmalow, could you post a close up of the faces and also one of the bottom showing the bottom at an angle to get a good look at the foot, thanks.
This is a Japanese Satsuma style vase, from what I can see it looks like mid Meiji period given the shape a picture of the whole bottom and a close up of the decoration would confirm this, as far as the price, we do not talk about value, but we can say depending on the size, bottom and decoration, your vase could have considerable collectors value.

elmalow

Thanks for the reply! The height of this vase is 73cm and the radius is 34cm. And hope these pics can provide more info to u!

elmalow

Stan

Thanks for the additional photo's, the decoration and the bottom makes it a little later, early Taisho period I would think, but even so it is a very collectible vase, thanks for posting.