Hello!!!

Started by kayra, Mar 20, 2018, 04:52:21

Previous topic - Next topic

kayra

Hello, could you help me with this piece of porcelain, happy double box ... thank you friends!

ssbill

Hi
These decorations were common around 1890-1930.

kayra

ssbill

It is not very collectible... the quality is too low and these were massively exported.

peterp

Without a view that shows the decorations of bottom and top half at the same time, and the same with the interior, it is difficult to recognize what you have.
A picture taken in natural light near a window may show the blue color more exactly. The latter is important for dating
This type of decoration was made since the Jiaqing reign (early 19th century), but not sure with this one. The lid decoration/color and interior look as if they could be late Qing dynasty. The bottom casts some doubts, though. The unglazed area where the lid touches it appears to be dyed, and the bottom and foot rim also look as if they were less old than the lid.
Often the lid and body of vessels or boxes are from different batches or times. This is because the missing part was replaced by another one. That is quite normal, but if they were made in different eras, the age of the mot recent is valid as item age.

kayra

Thank you peterp,is great description!!!

kayra

Thank you ssbill !!!I thought I had found a piece of value, now it will be for my collection ...