Charger

Started by konniela, Mar 13, 2018, 19:30:47

Previous topic - Next topic

konniela

I bought this charger very quick and without any investigation (I hope not too quick).
The photos I have right now are not the best. The foot rim seems to be straight, so may be late Meiji.

I could found only one piece with similar decoration, should be Arita 19.century, but I don?t know, if these informations are serious.

Next week, I can have a closer look and can take more photos, but I am very curious, what the forum can tell me with a first view.

konniela

Stan

The decoration is strange, I have never seen a mountain and cloud formation as this, not traditional painting that you would see on Japanese blue and white in my opinion and you are right about the foot rim 20th century.

Mat

It is Shida-yaki, late Edo. See here a very similar plate: http://www.imari.com/shida.html

Stan

Mat, The Mountains on the plate looks traditional Japanese painting but not on this one, looks like a copy.

Mat

Stan, in my opinion is is ok for Shida Yaki which can be quite crude in it's decoration. When you search for Shida dishes (????), you can see the range of quality of this ware....

Stan

I am still leaning towards a copy, the foot is all wrong for late Edo period, this is a 20th century foot rim, also the tree decoration, there is many things that just do not line up to convince me other wise.

konniela

First thanks to Stan and Mat for informations, especially Mat for this good web side, it was very helpful to search for more.  The charger will arrive today or tomorrow, may be more photos can help.

I found the same charger in an online shop from a dealer in Amsterdam, seems to be a serious dealer. He say, 19.th Century and the decoration should be Mount Fuji. 

konniela

Finally I?ve got time for some more photos

The foot rim seems to be not strange, but I am not realy sure.

May be not so old as on the first view, also not the best quality (but it was very cheap)

Stan

Thanks for the additional photo's, the outside foot is straight typical of 20th century.

konniela

Thanks to you.

I am realy dissapointed, that a big dealer (1.500 pieces China and Japan) offers so badly wrong. Also the dealer was not the reason for me to buy, but I loose more and more serious websites to compare.