Please help

Started by johnno42000, Oct 29, 2017, 18:58:07

Previous topic - Next topic

johnno42000

Hi, I recently purchased a smallish bowl which I loved the look of. It didn't cost very much but it just intrigued me. I would love to find out more information about the maker, year it was made etc but unfortunately I have tried looking at several sites without much luck.

I am really hoping someone on this site may be able to help. It measure approximately 17 cms across and 8.5 cms tall.

Stan

I take it that the inside is white glaze with no decoration, the mark is a spurious Jiaqing mark, in my opinion this is 2nd half of the 20th century.

johnno42000

Thanks for replying. The inside is decorated. Extra picture attached.

Stan

Thanks for the additional photo,  the decoration and colors inside the bowl makes me think a little earlier, republic period 1912 - 1949 on the later side by the foot rim.

peterp

Shape and decoration are western. The only Chinese is the mark, a Jiaqing reign mark. But it is off-center, which is unusual for Chinese porcelain. The glaze also looks a bit too white for the early 19th century. T Even if it was made to order for the west, this does not explain the mark position. oo many questions for my taste.