trying to identify vase

Started by djk, Oct 03, 2017, 05:03:13

Previous topic - Next topic

djk

It appears to be old. It stands about 13-15" in height. Does anyone recognize the manufacturer or know anything about it? Thank you.

Stan

This is a Japanese vase, very nice, almost looks like a satsuma style and of the art deco era, not sure what the mark says, a close up of the mark would help.

djk

Thank you, Stan. Here is a closeup of the mark on the bottom.

Stan

Thanks Djk, I do not know the mark but wait and see if someone else recognizes it.

peterp

????????
Japan    Kinkozan made

djk

Stan

Thanks Peter, I thought the mark was Kinkozan but it is written with such a slang to the writing I could not tell, I have several signed Kinkozan pieces and none of them signed like this, but the foot rim is correct for late Meiji in my opinion, if it  is Kinkozan you got a real good piece, his pottery is well known and some of his items can fetch a pretty good price at the high auctions.

Stan

By the way, this would be art nouveau and not art deco which is even better, good find.

djk

Can you recommend an auction house that deals in this type of potter?

Stan

You can send pictures online to Christies and they can tell you if it is something of interest to them, you can also look at past auctions and see what kinkozan has sold for in the past.

djk