Small kangxi vase

Started by moska, Sep 08, 2017, 20:43:11

Previous topic - Next topic

moska

Hello , what do you think about this small blue and white vase signed kangxi ? Thanks . H= 15 cm

moska

Stan

The shape is not right for Kangxi and I do not see any age signs, the top of the mouth lip looks like it was ground down with an electric grinder, looks more like 20th century to me, if it was late Qing it would  have had a four letter Kangxi mark and Kangxi marks were never written this sloppy in my opinion.

moska

Hi stan , thanks , just i find another kangxi vase with the same shape , isn't it ?

Stan

Yours dose not show a protruding foot rim and if you look closer at the shape of yours you will see there is a difference, the real Kangxi vase that you just posted, compare the neck on yours and the one you just posted, the neck on yours gets wider at the top and the real Kangxi bottle vase is more consistant, also every Kangxi bottle vase that I have seen has a protruding foot rim, yours is not that clear in your photo's but it looks like I can see enough that there is not protruding foot like the real one you just posted, also the mark it self would have had a double blue circle around the Characters.

moska

heavenguy

I agree with Stan. If the image with the neck is right, it's suppose to be like fritting. If I'm not mistaken, it was very common with B/W ware in the Kangxi period but this fritting shows parallel lines like if someone had use a machine on it.  something is not right about this one.. but it's also my opinion...