Help with age of this rouleau vase

Started by nonstopmuzik, Aug 20, 2017, 02:26:21

Previous topic - Next topic

nonstopmuzik

Hello everyone, I want to buy a Chinese rouleau vase that is for sale. I need to pay alot of money for it, so I want to be a little bit sure that it's an older piece and not a 'fake'. I know I don't have alot of pictures, but could someone help me with the age of this piece? I also noticed that the foot rim looks a bit black (like some other copies of the 20th century), but it's put on a  black stool that gave it's colour to the foot rim (I think that happened). Thanks in advance

Stan

Hi Nonstop, could you post a clear photo of the bottom at an angle and one of the people, thanks.

nonstopmuzik

Dear Stan, the.peoblem is that it's not at.my home and that I still have to buy it, so I don't have more pictures than this. kind regards, Niels

Stan

Well what I can see is the lotus scrolling and the people do not look like traditional Chinese, Im thinking some where in the 2nd half of the 20th century or later, By the way what are the sellers saying, how old are they saying it is, you say they are asking a lot of money, they must think it is older?

nonstopmuzik

Jup they do. It comes from a family member who past away and they said it's very old. But indeed, have my doubts about it. Kind regards