Japanese Books

Started by bokaba, Jul 13, 2017, 10:06:30

Previous topic - Next topic

bokaba

Hi Stan,

I purchased a couple of books on Japanese ceramics that I thought you would like. They can be purchased for less than $20 usually. Each is richly illustrated with hundreds of color photos and helpful descriptions.

Porcelain for Palaces:
www.amazon.com/Porcelain-Palaces-Fashion-1650-1750-Japanese/dp/0903421240/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1499911507&sr=1-1&keywords=porcelain+for+palaces

Splendors of Meiji:
www.amazon.com/Splendors-Meiji-Treasures-Masterpieces-Collection/dp/1874780137/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1499911512&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=spledor+of+meiji

Bokaba

bokaba

Stan

Thank you Bokaba, I just purchased them both, I have seen these before and thumbed through them but they were not for sale at that time, Thanks again for the information.

bokaba

Hi Stan,

I just purchased Treasury of Satsuma. I thought you might like this one if you don't already have it. I got my copy for about $5.

books.google.com/books/about/Treasury_of_Satsuma.html?id=Gb5lAAAACAAJ

Stan

Thanks Bokaba, I just received "Porcelain for Palaces" nice book, and great ilistrations, I just ordered Treasury of Satsuma, all cost including shipping was less than $7.00 can't beat it, Thanks again.

bokaba

Glad you like it Stan. "Porcelain for Palaces" really captures the 17-18th Century Japanese export pieces well. I think that period is much neglected as most books focus on Meiji period art.

I think a lot of Japanese books can be purchased very reasonably (many of the well-illustrated Chinese art books are hundreds of dollars for used copies) perhaps because there is not as much interest as there once was.

Another book I got recently is "Shape & Decoration in Japanese Export Ceramics (Schiffer Book for Collectors)." It is very well illustrated with hundreds of color photographs.

books.google.com/books?id=ZRn_PQAACAAJ&dq=Shape+%26+Decoration+in+Japanese+Export+Ceramics+(Schiffer+Book+for+Collectors)&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiWuPiQ65bVAhUBT2MKHS3OCOgQ6AEIIjAA

Bokaba