three blue decoratie platen

Started by quintenf, Apr 15, 2017, 01:32:43

Previous topic - Next topic

quintenf

Hello,

I got these three blue underglaze decorated plates which seem to have the same age. they have a different decoration but it is the same color. Any suggestions?

heavenguy

Most of your images are really really small, but because of the Kiln flaws the seem to be late 19th century...

quintenf

Yes sorry for the pics, somehow they became this low resolution. The largest one also has a really big rim warp, don't know if this makes any difference. Does this mean you believe they are late qing?

quintenf

Again these pictures, but in a better resolution. Hopefully someone can tell me more now.

Stan

Hi Quintenf, these look like they are 17th century, Shunzhi period.

peterp

The bottom could indeed be dating to the Shunzhi period, but we have to be careful. All these decorations were made throughout the Qing dynasty;  that makes it necessary to look at each bottom to make sure if they are of the same period. Closeups if individual dish decorations would be better too. These decorations were also made by Dehua kiln, which normally had a foot rim closer to this one, not like those made at JDZ, even during the mid and late Qing dynasty. Another factor which may influence dating.
One is a stylized orchid decoration, the other Lingzhi dishes. The Lingzhi dishes were also exported, although they are not export porcelain proper.

quintenf

Thanks for the replies, here are three closeups which I hope are sufficient for aging. It looks like they have the same age signs, but ofcourse I'm not experienced.

peterp

The bottoms are the same no problem. What I would want to check is the blue color inside, because it may contain so-called worm traces if it is from Dehua kiln. A partial picture of an area with much blue would be nice for this.

peterp

BTW, if it IS Dehua ware the age may change because there is some basic difference between Dehua and JDZ foot rim/bases.

quintenf

Here are some closer pics of each decoration, do you need further close ups for a judgement?

quintenf

Just to make sure some further close ups, you can see quite some difference in the glazing imperfections between the three.

peterp

Thanks for the additional pictures. No, I can not see the worm traces here. So it probably remains at early Qing dynasty as mentioned before. Thank you.

quintenf

Thanks, this means they are all three Shunzhi, 17th century?