Can anyone indentify this mark

Started by LipHoe, Mar 29, 2017, 08:08:34

Previous topic - Next topic

LipHoe

Can anyone help, I am not sure if this real chinese character as is not uniform writing and is not in the middle of the base?

heavenguy

You need to show the entire vase to be more accurate on identifying the piece. But just by looking at the foot rim and marked stamp is probably very recent.

I'm not really sure but is it a "Da Qing Qianlong Nian Zhi" but without the Da Qing. barely readable stamp.

LipHoe

Thank you for the reply. I attach more pictures.

heavenguy

Yes this item is very recent, most likely 21th century... No traditional shape and foot. look stamped. No collectors value... I hope this helps.

LipHoe

Thanks for all the help.
I purchased the vase 30 years ago.

peterp

This is what we would call relatively new, made in the last few decades.  Glaze, blue tone and mark all are not what would be expected on an antique.

LipHoe

Thanks Peter. I did not expect to be an antique. I was puzzle about the marking on the base of the urn.

peterp

It's a spurious Qianlong mark of the type used in the second half of the 20th century. It is only for decorations and means nothing. Traditionally marks on the bottom would always have been put in the center, and it is stamped, while the originals would have been hand painted.