Blue & white plate. Qianlong?

Started by Claudio, Dec 16, 2016, 02:09:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Claudio

Hi Peter and Stan,

This is my latest purchase. I noted in the glaze the presence of pricking marks at the and of each painted line, probably the ones that Stan indicate as typical of the Quianlong period. The foot rim appears straight inside, slanted outside. In the bottom area are visible several little indents: the burst bubbles to which Peter was referring to in a recent post?

Thank you!

Claudio

More photos

Claudio

Stan

Hi Claudio, I believe this grayish blue color with the pricking marks would be from the Jiaqing period, the Qianlong had a much brighter blue, could you post a picture of the foot rim at an angle, that makes it easier to see the curves of the foot rim to confirm age, thanks.

Claudio

Thank you for the good news Stan. I'll try to post better photos of the foot rim ( hopefully also with a more realistic color) as soon as I'll be back to my home. Now I am in my vacation place and I made these shots before leaving.

peterp

I know pricking marks from the Qianlong reign. Could have been used earlier. They served as a guide for painting. 

Claudio

Stan

Sorry Claudio, I was thinking the pricking marks went into the later Jiaqing period, I have a vase that has the same grayish blue color as your plate that is why I was thinking Jiaqing,, so apparently the pricking marks used to out line the decoration before painting would be from the Yongzheng to Qianlong period, thank you Peter for setting the record straight.

Claudio

Stan and Peter, your deep knowledge in this field is an unique nourishment for me. I consider myself very lucky to have the opportunity to learn so many things from both of you. Thank you for your kind answers and inputs.