Quianlong mark bowl

Started by Claudio, Dec 02, 2016, 22:00:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Claudio

Hello Peter and Stan,

I ask again your help to identify this bowl. Cm 20 large at the top, cm 12 diameter at the bottom, h cm 9. Thank you in advance.

Claudio

More photos

Claudio

More photos

Claudio

Last photo

www.dropbox.com/s/6aajngqqw6wgrq4/IMGP6532.JPG?dl=0

peterp

If it weren't for the apocryphal Qianlong reign mark I would think this is about third quarter of the 19th century. However, I do not know if this mark was used that early. Mostly such marks appear much later.

Claudio

Thank you Peter. At worst could it still be considered of Qing period?

peterp

This character style is more often found on 20th century items. You have to try to find this mark on an authentic Xianfeng or Tongzhi item. Also, if you have the opportunity to have someone do a hands-on inspection, to see if some of the colors were added later, that might help. Usually, this type of item seems to be most plenty in the Tongzhi reign.

Claudio

Peter, your advices are invaluable. I'll try to do as you say.

Michael

The yellow is too bright yellow. The turquoise is too faded blue. The glaze is too shiny. The key frets are horribly drawn. The seal is off center. My guess is late 20th century...........................................................................

Claudio

Michael, if the maker of this is still alive, I would like to buy more pottery from him.

Adriano

Hi Claudio,
I found on ebay.it a bowl similar to your piece, but of lower quality, I think.
The seller call it ?Qianlong porcellana ciotola? and says to be late 19h/early 20th century.
Regards.

Claudio

Thank you for your help Adriano. I found it now. It is simpler and smaller but looks similar in structure.

billbilly

About 97% of sellers of Chinese porcelain on ebay don't give you useful details. Hyper close up pictures of the enamels are important. It is not a good sign a twin is available for this type of bowl. You should contrast the artistry. The inferior work is always the fake. If both are inferior there will be more like them for sale somewhere. You should go to youtube and search the fake porcelain industry in China. Your bowl doesn't show the typical signs of Qianlong. The shape of the foot is wrong for an antique octagonal mid Qing period because it should have a corresponding shape.