Pair of Vases Marked Kozan

Started by bokaba, Aug 29, 2016, 02:24:28

Previous topic - Next topic

bokaba

I saw this pair of cobalt blue vases at a sale. The base is marked Kozan. It is my feeling that "zan" is written differently than other Kozan pieces I have seen and the decoration is good, but not stellar. I would think this pair of vases are either from the later period of the Mazuku kiln (1930-1940s before it was destroyed in WWII) or another maker with the Kozan marked added later. Any thoughts?

bokaba

Additional pictures

heavenguy

In my opinion they look fine to me, not high end quality but quality alright. It's the type of quality you expect from first half of the  the 20th century. Mark seems alright too in my opinion. Just don't pay high end prices for something like this.

Stan

It is hard to tell with partial pictures, a picture of the entire shape and clear picture of detail thanks.

bokaba

Here is the reverse side of the vases. This is the only other full photo I have.

Stan

Sorry Bokaba, I did not scroll down far enough, thanks for the additional photo's, the mark is in my book, it looks like Shizan not Kozan, I agree with Heavenguy 1912 to 1926, the ones listed in my book though are high quality pieces, so yours might be on the later side 1926.