Need help!

Started by rlcr, Mar 22, 2016, 08:02:46

Previous topic - Next topic

rlcr

Good evening, everyone! I'm looking for a nice and authentic chinese jar, but only a few options are available in my city. By the pics I took, would it be possible to say if this one is original or fake? Any tips? Thanks!
goo.gl/photos/QMmD26G3MkTfeX7T8
goo.gl/photos/4r1Xw7GmCPML5pBN6/goo.gl/photos/9ZsU3oGyPieJmB459

Hmm

I'm still trying to learn more about this hobby, so perhaps not much help but, if you look on google, there's about 2-3 vases listed on ebay and another antique shop that reports that same pattern (with small differences) to being from the Republican period.  The poem inscribed in back is the same as the vases but using different handwriting. 

Stan

Could you upload photo's of the bottom showing the whole foot at an angle and any pictures of defects like pitting, rust spots, loss of glaze, these photo's must be clear and best if taken in front of a window that lets in natural light, this will help to determine age, thanks.

rlcr

Dear Hmm and Stan, thank you in advance for your valuable help!

I tried to take more detailed pictures of the jar, and uploaded them to goo.gl/photos/BXSjSp4PNi4efjYK9.

I find the pattern really beautiful, but won't buy a fake...

peterp

Without looking at the text details it can be said that it is almost certainly 1950 or later. This specific painting style is seen mainly in PRC (People's Republic of China) porcelain. Actually, it looks (see peony petals) as if spraying was used, a technique that was virtually unknown in the first half of the century.