Help identify these porcelain artists??

Started by CW789`, Mar 15, 2016, 02:24:32

Previous topic - Next topic

CW789`

Hi

Can anyone help identify the artists in these 2 brush pots? The round pot has a Jiangxi mark to the base

Kind regards in advance

CW

Stan

Could you upload pictures of the bottoms and a close up of the mark, and any age signs like rust spots and ect.

peterp

The first one (bottom) gives the 10th 'year of the republic'. The first year of the republic was 1912.
The second (round) one has a cyclical year which could correspond to 1888 or 1948, or 2008. Judging by the painting style it could be 1948.

But, as Stan mentioned, additional pictures are necessary to verify this. Further details could disprove the possibility of these dates.

CW789`

More images

CW789`

Hi thank-you for the information

I have now attached some more images.

Kind Regards

CW789`

Stan

The cylindrical pencil/brush holder has a red six character mark that reads, The Jiangxi Porcelain Company, This mark would date from 1910 - 34, it does not agree with the cyclical date of 1948, and the square brush pot, the shape is modern and not traditional the square and the round top opening would not have been combined in traditional porcelain of the early republic period, I'm afraid that these are fakes and were made later in the 20th century.

peterp

Round item: I would like to note that usually this specific mark was applied by stamp, not hand-written like it is here. I also think that the painting style is later, but could be a vintage item using an earlier mark.

I have doubt about the age of the square brush pot. Generally said,, with this type of porcelain the writing is either partially abraded, or only gray, with some older items. Here it is all black, therefore it is to assume that the writing is not that old.