Finding person to evaluate truck load of collectibles from estate sale

Started by mrsteamcleaner, Dec 22, 2015, 06:05:58

Previous topic - Next topic

mrsteamcleaner

I purchased about 60 boxes of collectibles, plates, vases, tea cups, teapots, figurines, etc from an estate sale. This is a truck load of collectibles. I'm guessing 400-500 items. I bought them as part of a larger lot of items. I have no interest in collectibles, but I want to list for sale the valuable items and get rid of or donate the rest. I'm sure there is a lot of junk items in here, lots of trinkets but I'm guessing there are some valuable pieces here and there.

There are a lot of tea pots and tea cup sets made in England and Japan. I need someone who knows how to appraise or recognize any of the valuable items so I can sell them separately.

As I was placing them in boxes, I took a picture of each one and I have uploaded all of the items online.

s31.photobucket.com/user/diego79/library/Collectibles

I figure if it's worth over $30 it's worth listing on ebay but otherwise I assume to just drop them off at goodwill.

Would anyone here be interested? Should I try contacting a local antique shop?

Thanks for any help you can give.

carriefanshelp_at_gmail.com

Stan

I did not see any Chinese Antique Porcelain, the Chinese plates are 25 to 30 years old, I bought some way back new, I think they were then $19.95 apiece there is a set of them, but I see them in antique stores today and they are still $19.95 I think I sold the ones I had in a garage sale for $10.00 apiece. Im pretty sure I sold them.

heavenguy

The are some tea cups that can be sold for around 30 to 50 bucks on ETSY if you are patient. The Royal Albert or anything in pastel colors sell very well in there. With this type of thing only resellers buy on eBay. So if you have the patience you can get at least a thousand in a couple of months...