Blue and white Yenyen Vase

Started by tgaudin, May 30, 2015, 01:50:47

Previous topic - Next topic

tgaudin

I would like some infos on this vase.Thanks in advance.

tgaudin

tgaudin

peterp

I can only say Qing dynasty. Personally I would think rather on the later side, not Kangxi.

Stan

I do not know if it is just the photography but the white glaze looks a little to white for me, if it is as white as it looks in the picture, I would think 20th century.

Stan

tgaudin

Stan

The reason I asked is these vases are usually large and you would normally see ware on the bottom foot, I am not seeing the normal ware on a large vase the foot looks like it is not worn at all.

tgaudin

It is not as bright white as the picture but more subtle white.

tgaudin

I could send a full picture of the vase but it is 233 KB..any suggestions ?

Stan

You can use your computer to make the image smaller, if the image is on your desk top you should be able to manipulate  the size, can you take a picture of the inside, on most 19th century vases like this there should be age signs like pitting, glaze shrinkage  and these normally would dirt in the pits and have a black like color, on most of the 20th century the inside looks pretty clean with little or no pitting at all.

tgaudin

I just took a photo of the inside with my phone camera..not great quality plus I had to use a flash light to light inside.

tgaudin

Not evident from the photo is a lot of black dirt on the inner inside wall.I have a feeling this vase is late 19th early 20th century.

Stan

Thanks for the additional picture, Im leaning towards republic period.

Stan

The reason for me thinking republic period is the dragon, it is to tame looking for 19th century and early republic, also the scales are not as symmetrical as the ones that I have seen on 19th century and the tail is a bit odd I think, almost looks like it could be hair or feathers, Ive never seen that before, that is why I think republic period, on 19th century blue and white there is always pitting and around the blue you would find rust spots and areas around  the blue that looks like a blister or something like that, Im not seeing that on this vase.