Blue and White 8" Jar with Lid and Small Rouleau Vase

Started by mikelv85, Feb 24, 2014, 17:46:52

Previous topic - Next topic

mikelv85

Both of these pieces do have a mark on the bottom, but I'm fairly sure they're apocryphal. I actually picked this jar up along with the other piece from the same store. A small "rouleau" vase with an artemisia leaf mark on the bottom. Feeling these are recent as well but there's just that bit of doubt again. Thanks -Mike-

mikelv85

Sorry wrong picture of the jar. I meant to send this one:

peterp

The picture size should be about 600 to 800 pixel, or more than 100 kBytes, to allow viewing any details. Overall, without going into details, it could be mid to late Qing dynasty. The shape is right for that period too.

mikelv85

Thanks for checking these out for me Peter, Here's a lager picture of the two pieces . -Mike-

mikelv85

peterp

Mike, the pictures for the jar are still insufficient. Always upload a good picture of the bottom, showing any blemishes, production faults, or other minute age signs. The foot rim is also extremely important.
In this case I would also suggest another picture of the top rim. It looks too white, but this may be because of the lighting.
Pictures are best taken in daylight near a window, to allow for natural colors.

More pictures for the rouleau vase, please. The decoration looks as if it could be from the late Qing dynasty, but the whiteness of the glaze, and the hue of the blue are very important to judge this. Again, a 'good; picture of the bottom.

The close up pictures can be partial, the point being to see any age signs or production faults in the glaze, and the actual color of white and blue. They are era related...

mikelv85

Ok Peter I think these are better pictures. The jar has some red staining inside that can be seen now. The rouleau vase has a hairline crack in it ,so if it's new that's fine. I'd feel worse if it had some value. The jar with the lid however is perfect. -Mike-

mikelv85

mikelv85

mikelv85

mikelv85

Stan

Hi Mikelv85, you can upload high resolution picture at photobucket.com it is free and  then post the web page here, I did one last night, under Chinese blue and white ginger jar, by Stan, go to that sight by dragging the email to the web bar and you can see my vase and see how detailed my pictures are.

mikelv85

Thanks Stan, but my camera on my little LG phone is like 2 megapixels.I know good smart phones are 4 to 8. It isn't capable of the closeup detail you got in your pictures. It blurs if you get too close, but it's all I have. Nice piece by the way! -Mike-