Blue and White 8" Jar with Lid and Small Rouleau Vase

Started by mikelv85, Feb 24, 2014, 17:46:52

Previous topic - Next topic

peterp

Hi Mike,
Due to insufficient resolution I'm not sure, but are those crackles on the bottom and inside the lid of the jar? If yes, 20th century, probably later part. The Jiaqing mark is also indicative of a later product. This mark does not seem to exist on period items. Jiaqing marks are usually in Zhuanti characters. The lid decoration looks also relatively new.

Due to insufficient resolution I cannot see minute details of rouleau vase bottom. The decoration style might point to late Qing/early republic, but that is subject to reviewing glaze and paste close up.

mikelv85

Hi Peter,
        Thanks for looking at the blue and white pieces for me. I know the pictures are low res but I just can't get better ones even with using the photo editor to clean them up. Neither piece shows any crazing. The porcelain is bright white on both. The foot and rim of the jar are tan and yellowed but not extremely dirty. The inside of the lid is not glazed. Same with the vase. I realize "hands on" is the only way to be really sure though. 20th Century is what I figured too. I think they are probably fairly new from the 60's -70's time frame. Thanks again, -Mike-