Chinese Vase

Started by Amicus, Dec 18, 2015, 01:09:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicus

Hello I'm new here and I saw that there was a lot of expertise on the forum and a friendly attitude so here I'm making my first post.

Chinese vase from around 1900 I think can anyone tell me more about it?

It's about 35 cm high.

Stan

Hi Amicus, you are right, it is from the 1900's but from the later half I think, the color blue and bright shine, the white white ground and the shape to me point to late 20th century.

peterp

This light blue color is quite unlikely... is the real thing of this color?  If not, I would suggest to take images near a window during daytime, but away from direct sun rays. This should allow for natural colors. Please upload a close picture of bottom and foot rim also. They may be partial.

Amicus

The piece has this light blue colour. I'm uploading another picture of it in a different light setting. The piece was brought to Sweden from Aland in the 1940'ies.

peterp

Thanks for the additional picture. The stepped foot rim is not very standard in shape, and the color is somewhat too light. Thus, Stan is probably right that it is from later in the 20th century.

Stan

When I first started collecting Chinese porcelain, this was the type I collected, and I had a lot of it, after awhile from seeing and handling it, you get a feel for it, then from Peters site I became more educated and started collecting real antiques, I still have some of the vases from back then  and some of them are now vintage.

Amicus

Gentlemen I thank you for your answers! I have so many objects that I want to show you but so little time to take pictures and upload.

I mostly collect ginger jars with cracked ice patterns. And I think that maybe half of them are produced in modern time.