Fencai Rose Medallion Bottle Vase.

Started by Stan, Dec 27, 2014, 06:20:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Hi Peter, I would like to know what you think of this bottle vase, I have an 18th century plate that is very similar but my plate the blue color is slightly different the blue is the same color but it looks like the blue out line is a little more blue in this vase, the hair style is very similar to my plate but there is a little difference, with the blue out line and the slight difference in hair style would that put this in the 19th century, other than those slight differences everything else is the same even the brush strokes, inside the vase looks very old, nice pitting and age marks especially where the top was attached it was not wiped down and you can see all the shrinkage around the seem and the bottom has all the nice age signs pitting and missing glaze is some areas, this is the oldest bottle vase that I have.

Stan

Here are four more photo's to view, I will send another set of photo's.

Stan

Here are the last set of photo's to view, thanks for all you help. I forgot to mention that this vase is very heavy compared to any of the other vases I have of the same shape and the size is 41.27 cm tall.

peterp

This is export porcelain. Probably Guangxu reign. It is larger than what I usually see.