Zhengde 正德 Color Bowl of Ming Dynasty

Started by john8888, Apr 14, 2024, 03:05:13

Previous topic - Next topic

john8888

[color=#000000][size=3][font=Arial]Diameter: 35 cm high 16 cm[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#1f1f1f][size=3][font=Arial]Signature on porcelain[/font][/size][/color]
[left][color=#1f1f1f][size=3][font=Arial]"Zhengde Year of the Song Dynasty" six-character two-line regular script blue and blue double circle on white base.[/font][/size][/color][/left]
[color=#1f1f1f][size=3][font=Arial] [/font][/size][/color]

[color=#1f1f1f][size=3][font=Arial]Can you tell this bowl is true antique or preproduction?[/font][/size][/color]

peterp

Unlikely colors for the period and a mark and dragon that indicates it should be imperial.
But the scraping traces shown in the image are usually found on fakes.

john8888

The mark shows 6 letters with 2 lines and double circular blue is the true antiques. 
I fond a similar bowl at Taipei national museum in Ming dynasty.

peterp

The mark is as suspicious as anything on this. If you can find a six character Zhengde mark written with so neat characters, and a double ring which is so perfect, on any imperial ware I would be interested to have a look at that.
Most Zhengde mark double rings clearly show they are hand-painted and both rings have different color density. I would suggest one of the best mark books from China for checking how the look on genuinely old porcelain and shards.