Help to identify two vases

Started by tverr, Feb 24, 2023, 00:40:15

Previous topic - Next topic

tverr

Hello - New to the forum. I have recently inherited a few pieces that I would appreciate assistance to identify and learn the history (if any). Here are the first pieces - two vases. Thanks in advance for your help - looking forward to following and learning from this group!

peterp

Hello, can you add a detail (partial) picture showing the people at the table larger, please?
The white color is a bit off for the period and it would be necessary to view it close up. It might have been added later.

tverr

Hi Here are two additional photos.  Let me know if you require different views.  Many thanks!

peterp

Thanks. The first pictures are generally darker than these. Which color tone is right?
Basically this would be late Qing dynasty but the tone of some colors might indicate that this was re-painted at a later time..

The snow white lines in several places including the banana leave ribs are a bit too white in the first pictures. With the new pictures the blue is also odd, especially the screen in the back and the clothing of the man on the right. There tone is a bit too bright for the period. This might mean that an old decoration was partially repainted (white and blue colors) at a later time due to abrasion or damage of the colors.
This my personal view based on these pictures only. Sometimes it is not possible to tell for sure without a hands-on inspection.