Daoguang ?

Started by konniela, Mar 01, 2022, 22:10:44

Previous topic - Next topic

konniela

I wonder, if this nice cup (?) is made in Daoguang. The photo, where the mark is visible, is turned.

konniela

one more photo

Stan

Hi Konniela, Nice cup/bowl what is the size, that would make a difference, the colors and the mark look like period Daoguang to me, I think this was made in one of the kiln's that would have been commissioned by the emperor, not made at the imperial Kiln, I have never seen a bowl or cup with such stylized handles but nice find.

konniela

Stan

I asume that the 15 cm is handle to handle, that would be bowl size, I would think.

konniela

I am not sure, if I should buy it, it is broken. When the price stays low, I will think it over. May be good enough for repair. 

peterp

The value of restored items is thought to be at a quarter or third of the original value only. It really is only good for collecting, not as an investment when one buys damaged items. If the broken off part is still there, the repair is simple, but if the restorer needs to make the repair near invisible, then it may sometime be necessary to grind off the area adjacent area to the break line. A museum repair would leave it visible.