Inherited Chinese figurines and vases

Started by sarascoles, Aug 23, 2021, 07:42:53

Previous topic - Next topic

sarascoles

Hello.  I inherited the following figurines and vases.  I have no clue about them.  I would greatly appreciate any help even possible value.  I have more but I'm only allowed 5 per post.

Thank you!

peterp

Please read the recommendations for picture sizes given in the previous two posts.

sarascoles

Peterp, I'm not sure what you are referring to.  When I tried to upload the photos the first time, I had to resize them and then it still gave me an error message and I edited them again and uploaded again and it accepted them.

Please help me understand what you are referring to.  Are the pics too small, too big, not clear enough?

Thank you very much!
Sara

peterp

Too small. What you uploaded is thumbnail size.
We need to see details, including glaze faults, etc. Pictures can be up to 200kb per piece; there is a limit of 400kB per post, but you can use a 'reply' to your own post to upload more. I would recommend to make them about 600-800 dpi wide with sufficient resolution to see glaze details.
Mostly, a good picture of about 100-150kB will do.

sarascoles

peterp, thank you!  I have uploaded again.  Hopefully this is better.  I'm going to post a few replies each with pics.

Sara

peterp

You should have also uploaded a bottom of this for confirming age, but as it is a common type of jar and decoration I think this is second half of 20th century, probably.

sarascoles

This vase or urn which the lid does not come off.  Not sure why has nothing on the bottom.  That is why I didn't post a pic.

peterp

Do you mean there is no bottom? Or that there is no mark?
The bottom, including foot rim is usually the most important thing we look at for dating, but as this is a very typical decoration in 20th century style, it may not be necessary.