haut 33,5 cm

cordialy

joseph

the last pics

it s not cleaned , i don t wash it

I have not washed, it is full of dust
originally, it was transformed into a lamp

Stan

I do not see a hole in the bottom where it would have been drilled for a lamp, is there another hole maybe in the side? I have seen lamps where the cord came out of the top not drilling at all in the porcelain, but then depending on how long ago it was made into a lamp the foot normally would be cleaner and the orange looks added, The orange colour looks like it is on top of some of the white glaze, is that so? because if it is that is proof that it was added.

joseph

no it was not drilled, it is a round hard plastic system that slips into the top of the vase, there is a hole in the middle, it can be adjusted and adjusted, then you just have to fix the system with the tube on the plastic hard, it is a system sold in France, to transform into a lamp, without drilling, I will send you a photo, it is legrand  who manufactures this product

joseph

the orange color is part of the glaze

but i know it was transformed into a lamp in the year 2000

Stan

Thanks so much for the large clear photo's, the blistering and pitting is way to much, more than I have ever seen on the outside of the vase on late Qing, I think these photo's give enough representation on what this is, for me there is to many questions to say for sure. The orange colour, and the dirt, the blistering is too many things to say against it.

Stan

Another explanation, could the orange that we are seeing, could it be glue, was the base of the lamp glued on and the blistering, could that be enamel applied to fix a chip that happened during the lamp conversion. if it is enamel paint, it would be easily scratched, in that case it would be made late Qing and modified into a lamp in the 20th century sometime.

joseph

thanks stan

the orange is well caught in the glaze, it is part of the icing

cordially