Is this a Ming item?!

Started by nino huynh, Jul 17, 2014, 21:57:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

I wonder if it could have been made in Vietnam, we have to look at all the facts that Peter bought forth, we can rule out export from Japan because it dose not resemble anything ming, other than the mark, it appears to have age, but age signs are faked these days so we have to look at the decoration, in which Peter bought up another fact, It dose not fit into traditional Chinese or Japanese decoration, another fact, it was purchased in Vietnam, but would Vietnam make a Japanese looking vase with a Ming mark, there is definitely a lot to think about.

nino huynh

These are some extra pics i took under 80x loop. Plz tell me if it has any valuable to learn about the item.

Stan

Even the bubbles in the glaze can be faked these days, therefor we have to look at the whole and there are to many discrepancies for this for me to think that it is period.

peterp

These pictures don't help, I'm afraid. I doubt that it would have been faked in Vietnam. They are more likely to copy or sell blue and white. You have to be careful of "shipwreck" porcelain. Some of it is false.

I would not go on trying to prove it is genuine. You will never make progress that way. Just go on to something different. Later, when you know more you will understand...

nino huynh

Thank Stan and Peterp!
I'm not trying to prove the item's period. But i can not skip signs of time on this jar. I'd like to check whole specifications of the item. I learned about rust spot (as i took photos under loop), bubbles,glaze...Vietnam is also neighbour of Chinese.we have many porcelain antiques from chine in our country for every time. We have usage antiques,dug antiques,not only shipwreck antiques... How can i skip these particular traits when i check a porcelain antique item?! It's careless.
Anyway, i believe in your experience. This case is so difficult to me.
Thank you so much!