Help with ID of Painted Porcelain Roosters in Garden

Started by doublem, Aug 18, 2020, 07:56:20

Previous topic - Next topic

doublem

Hi,
I have several of these pieces. They have been stored for many years and now I'm moving so they have surfaced again. Due to image sz limitation I've just posted a few. Any help with identification would be appreciated.
Thank you

Stan

Your photo's are much to small to see detail, please post larger photo's in one post 400 kb total or less

doublem

Thanks for you reply, I'll try again. Here is just one picture of small serving dish (sm.serv.dish.compressed) and the mark.

Stan

Thanks for the larger photo's, the mark is a stamped Qianlong mark meaning 20th century, I have seen this pattern decoration before I believe it is mid 20th century, BTW, I would not eat off of these as for the high lead content.

doublem

Thank you very much for that. Nope, won't be eating off of them. So, since these will not become antiques in my life time, I hope I can pass them on to someone that may value them. It's a shame for them to just be hiding in storage.
Thanks again,
MM

peterp

One question. Are the round plates exactly the same in painting style? I mean apart from the rooster motif.
I had one and it differed slightly from yours. If there are differences, please enlarge those too. The dating might differ somewhat.

doublem

Here is an image of a large flat plate. I think there are slight differences, please tell me what you think. Is this what you have as well?

doublem

Here is a couple close ups of where I see a slight difference from the bowl and the flat plate. These are cropped from the flat plate. Hope this clarifies.

peterp

Thanks for the additional images. Yes, they are the same, although there are always minor differences between individual pieces or even batches.
The one I had originally looked as if it could have been 1930s, perhaps, so I wanted to make sure that ithese all were from the same period. Stan's dating should apply for all of these.

doublem

Thank you for that. I am new to this, but find it very interesting. I appreciate each of your feed back.