Small bowl

Started by rgomes10, Jun 22, 2020, 02:16:11

Previous topic - Next topic

rgomes10

Hello!
Can someone help me with the period, please?
Thank you so much!
Best regards,
Regina

Stan

The colors look like the colors used in the Tongzhi or Guangxu period.

rgomes10

Hello, Stan!
Thank you for your answer, I think it is from that period, too.
Best regards,
Regina

peterp

My take is Yongzheng or early Qianlong. Probably export porcelain. The reasoning for this is:

The crimson color of the flowers means it must be Yongzheng or later. The crimson flower decoration is also most often found on Yongzheng export porcelain. I have seen such lobes on the top rim only on Kangxi BW cups, but this shape is not frequent throughout the Qing dynasty. It is unusual for Chinese domestic use porcelain.
The light blue decoration is exacly the same as the rim decoration on Yongzheng plates in my collection.

peterp

Stan, obviously you know that these colors are not common for the mid 18th to mid 19th century. Especially this type of light blue and pink colors used in the Yongzheng reign were for some unknown reason discontinued afterwards until the later 19th century.

Here is another color-related information usable for dating:
It is said that pure black decorations (without gilt) were also discontinued after the Yongzheng reign, but they may not have been used at all later. Only valid for pure black but not those decorations also containing gilt.

Stan

Thanks Peter, that is great information.

rgomes10

Thanks, Peter and Stan! Great help!
Best regards,
Regina