9" plate with impressed mark. Japanese?

Started by Stobaksov, Oct 14, 2019, 09:53:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Stobaksov

Hello, friends.
Japanese or Chinese plate with impressed mark?

peterp

Japanese. The mark is upside down.  I assume Stan knows it...

Stobaksov

Stan

Yes indeed, this is a Koransha mark made in Hizen the mark reads Seiji Kaisha and would date to 1879 to 1897, However this looks printed, could you post a close up of the front decoration, everything I have seen with this mark would be hand Painted, a close up to confirm thanks.

Stan

This looks like it was printed and then hand painted, not the quality you usually see with Koransha, the foot looks like the out side is straight up and not slanted, could you post a picture of the foot at a 45 degree angle so I can see the shape of the foot, thanks.

Stan

The Main guy in this company Fukaumi died around 1883 and Tsuji resigned, after that the company continued about 20 years after and a lot of blanks were made that still had the Seiji Kaisha mark, that is what I think this is, it would explain the printing, this was probably added on a blank plate first half of the 20th century, it was decorated in Arita.

Stan

Thanks for the additional photo's, I stand by my statement below, a blank decorated at a later date.