New member from Barcelona city

Started by Jal, Dec 14, 2018, 21:28:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Jal

Hello everyone,

I am writing to your community to ask a question. For many years I was collecting old Spanish rural ceramics, from which I keep many very old pieces. The fact is that a friend who knows my hobby has given me a piece of ceramics very curious, which seems to have a Chinese or Asian origin. I would like to have expert opinion on this piece, since I do not know nothing about this type of piece.

Thanks,
Jal.

Jal

peterp

This bowl is from the late Qing dynasty, that is the 19th century. This is an item used by the common people.
The symbol punched into the glaze in your last image is a character, but not a mark. These were usually added to identify the owner. For some social and other occasions people brought their bowls and plates, etc. for communal use. These punched symbols or characters were for identification of the owner.

Jal

Hi Peterp,

Thanks for your answer, I'm very happy knowing that the bowl is genuine!

Thanks again!

Jal

Hi Peterp,

I'm very happy with the item and I have been thinking one thing, Why the people punch the symbol inside the bowl? It wouldn't be better punch the symbol on the base? It is a question whitch is flying on my head.

Thanks again!
Jal.

peterp

You will have to ask them ... :-)
Sometimes it is inside, sometimes it is on the bottom.

Jal

Hi Peterp,

Ok, thanks for your answer and kindness, it is very curious

Thanks!
Jal.