Kinkonzan lidded bottle vases.

Started by Stan, Nov 30, 2018, 06:50:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

More estate sale finds, this is a pair of Kinkozan bottle vases with lids, it is very rare to find them with the lids intact they are usually missing or replaced with wooden lids, these are signed in two locations the first Great Japan by Kinkozan the other marks I am not sure but they are different on each vase, these were made as a pair they are reverse painted and they are also stamped or embossed on the bottom as well, I believe these are Edo period but not sure I would like to know if these are Kinkozan the 4th any help would be appreciated.

Stan

Stan

Here are the last of the photo's.

Rec

Hi Stan,
I found the first part of the mark via japanese-porcelain-marks. They say its kinkozan zo from meiji period.

Stan

Thanks Rec, I was wondering if it could be Kinkozan the 4th also known as Kobayashi Sobei, there are some marks that I can not make out, I am hoping that someone can read them.

Stan

Hi Rec, I enlarged the additional marks, the marks are on separate bottle vases.

peterp

On the side: Japan, Kyoto, Kinkozan made
Inside the windows: Kyomizu-dera, and Kinkakuji, both local temples.

Stan

That is interesting I wonder if they might have been made for the temple for something.