Flower Pot 2

Started by Kenny Kumala, Oct 18, 2018, 20:25:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny Kumala

Hi Friends,

any suggestion about this Flower pot...... This is a little bit different to the flower Pot before I Sent.

Regards
Kenny

Rec

I'm not an expert and not familiar with chinese ancient earthenware to help you . But i believe I've seen a much more refined and neatly glazed example of this in the Metropolitan museum. It was categorised under the jung period. 

Kenny Kumala

Hi Rec,
Thanks for your information, so I'm sure this pot is not a fake. and did not buy from any Florist shop! Because This Flower Pot I got it from a Chinese Temple that was etablisshed about near 150 Years ago. So I'm sure it is not "Shopping Pot" because till now, there is no Shopping flower pot in my city.
Regards,
Kenny

Kenny Kumala

Hi Rec,

I wonder if you have any Photos from the  Metropolitan museum which show this Flower Pots ?

Regards,
Kenny

Rec

Hi Kenny,
I thought I had seen a vase in the same shape, glaze and decoration before, but I could t find the pic. Perhaps i was confused with this vase that you can see in the British museum
www.britishmuseum.org/research/collection_online/collection_object_details.aspx?objectId=3179870&partId=1