Porcelain urn that was lamped

Started by shofner303, Jul 15, 2018, 07:51:53

Previous topic - Next topic

shofner303

I found a porcelain urn that had been made into a lamp but I do not have any background info on it. The hardware for the lamp was quite old however, I would guess 50s-60s. I wonder if there was a mark on the bottom at one time but was destroyed with the hardware installation. Let me know what you guys think and thanks in advance!

Pics are posted here

imgur.com/a/HK6jOPm

Stan

This looks 20th century with only the one picture, you should post bottom pictures and any age signs, but from what I see looks modern.

shofner303

There should be a quite a few pictures in the link I posted including the bottom, top and close detail. Try scrolling down after going to the link. I will try and resize them so I can post them here but the 400kb limit is a little hard to manage. 

peterp

A picture with sufficient resolution to see details needs a width of only about 700 px max, and that usually amounts to about 150 kB, only. If the forum would let users post the pictures made with digital devices directly, many of which nowadays are in the megapixel range, the forum storage space on the server would be used up in no time at all. You can make multiple posts to upload more pictures. The maximum is 400 kB per post, but just add a reply to your own post and you can add more pictures.

shofner303

Thanks for the help, I found a program to resize my pictures here they are. Let me know what you guys think.

shofner303

the lid was broken and seems to have a more modern repair

shofner303

peterp

The thick black outlines are a sign that it was painted later in the 20th century. Early items did only have thin outlines and often they were not in black.

shofner303