Identify a dish ???

Started by abderrahim, Jul 01, 2018, 05:09:02

Previous topic - Next topic

abderrahim

Hi, I need your help to know the Mark and the peride on this dish. It is for sale for $ 35. Thank's.

DavidC

Hello Abderrahim
Looks exceedingly 1980's or 90's for me. Tourist ware from Hong Kong and made across the way in Canton. I'd save the money for something else but that's my personal opinion of course. Best wishes everyone. D

Adriano

Hi, abderrahim.
Your dish is in a typical rose medallion palette and for some aspects, it could be dated in the second half of the 20th century, I think. The mark is an apocryphal Qianlong Nian Zhi (Qianlong Period Make) mark. This mark, printed in this way, is reported to be used by Wa Lee Company, operating in Hong Kong around 1960.
Regards,
Adriano.

abderrahim

Thank you very much David and Adriano.
when I saw the Mark Qianlong, I told myself that it is very old. I still have to learn.

DavidC

On the homepage for this site is extensive help about appraising porcelain. The section which tells us not to age a piece by the mark is one of the most important pieces of advice we will ever receive. Best wishes and enjoy the journey of Asian porcelain. It is a really fascinating subject. D

abderrahim

Hi David,
Thanks for the information. At the same time I buy the Identify Genuine Chinese Antiques ebook. Very interesting.
Yes, I agree with you the Asian porcelain is a fascinating subject. Best wishes